Visitor
Rach11

Recommendation for DC Contractor

My husband and I are very interested in a property that needs some work, but we are not really sure how much everything will cost to get the house up to live in condition with the few renovations we would like to have. We would like to get a contractor to come out and look at the property with us to give us an estimate so that we would be better able to figure out how much we would like to bid on the house. We have the disclosures so we have a sense of what we are dealing with but would love the insight of a contractor. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Redfin Senior Agent
philip-gvinter

Re: Recommendation for DC Contractor

I remmember a client having a good experience with Greg from Fat Guy With a Hammer, you can try giving him a call. Unfortunately I don't know any other contractors licensed in DC. Below is a link to Greg's site

http://www.fatguywithahammer.com/contact.html

Philip Gvinter | Redfin | Listings DC Team Lead
See all my deals and reviews
Contributor
mmsva

Use Angie's List

sev
Contributor
sev

I am in the business but do not physically build the home (I manage large scale commercial projects), thus I can give you a decent estimate of what I think it should cost you along with some references on who to use for what you are looking to do. 

Contributor
GoldenEagle

Omar's General Contracting gets great reviews on Angie's List and they are great at communicating - something I've found lacking in other contractors. (301) 942-5959