Redfin Staff
AndyTaylor

New Details Page for DC / Baltimore

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone - We're getting close to turning on a new details page for Washington DC and Baltimore!

It's a pretty major re-design of the page, based on extensive user feedback and requests over the years, some necessary engineering work, and a whole lotta love from the Redfin team. It has all of the same information as before (in some cases re-organized), and we'll hope you love it as much as we do.

In addition, we're adding Redfin Activity Stats (in a new "Activity Section"), so you can get a sense for how many people have viewed, favorited, x'd out and toured with us for this listing, and all time.

Once it goes live, we'd love to hear from you: What do you love? What do you dislike? What else would you like to see? We're going to be making improvements, and your input will help drive the process.

Thank you all,

Andy
Andy Taylor | Director of Product | Redfin
New Visitor
Slam

Re: New Details Page for DC / Baltimore

I'm getting adjusted to the change but don't find much negative about it. I liked the old layout a lot and was very comfortable with it. I didn't feel the need for a change but having worked with it for several days I'm getting used to it. My only complaint is that the map on the right seems smaller to me than the old map; I like using the map a lot. 

Contributor
wally426ci

I have not navigated alot yet, but I prefer Bing maps for the Birds Eye view. I don't like that the new map is not an aerial either unless you change it. I had to search far and wide to find the year built at the top as well. I'd prefer those details be down with everything else, maybe highlighted up top as well.

Super Contributor
RFAddict

Overall, its a nice upgrade in looks while maintianing the information and functionality.  I really got used to and liked the old simple format, but this is ok too.  I like the larger pictures now, and the fact that you can to a full view on the map to get a much larger map than before.  Will keep updating if I have more feedback

Regular Visitor
TANSTAAFL

It seems like a lot more scrolling, I liked that I could see more details at once on the prior set up.  But overall it is ok.

The main issue I am having is that ever since the new design rolls out, the details page does not load immediately.  I always have to refresh the page in order to view the information.

Redfin Staff
AndyTaylor

Thank you for all the feedback so far everyone!

@TANSTAAFL - could you let me know which browser / OS you are using? It sounds like a bug (since we spent a lot of time trying to make sure things loaded quickly), and I'd love to get it fixed for you and anyone else experiencing it. You can post here, or send to techsupport at redfin dot com.

Talk to you soon,

Andy

Visitor
Hi2Def

I would like to echo part of what TANSTAAFL said:

"It seems like a lot more scrolling, I liked that I could see more details at once on the prior set up.  But overall it is ok."

I don't mind change and I actually do encourage it, but only when needed. One of them 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' type of deals. The update is not bad, but I do still prefer the old layout.On the flipside, I do like the changes made to the map and the pictures. But I feel that these changes could have been incorporated into to the old layout, and it would have been just fine.

Howvever, the overall layout is refreshing and not boring. So good job on that.

Glad to see that yall actually care enough to ask us how we feel about the changes.

Super Contributor
RFAddict

One thing I would "like" is if you could move the Virtual Tour (External Link) to below the pictures.  I usually prefer the Virtual Tour pics and would like access to them without scrolling down (like it used to be).  Thanks

Redfin Staff
AndyTaylor

That one particular field is one we've wanted to "pull out" of the giant MLS amenities list for a while now, so I will definitely +1 that suggestion. I've got this tracked internally to see if we can't make it happen.

Best,

Andy