New Visitor
avrignaud

Seeking to buy Craftsman in Queen Anne or Capitol Hill - 2-3 Bed/1-2 Bath

[ Edited ]

Hi folks,

Short form, I have a 5 bedroom house in upper Montlake which was recently appraised at 855k for a refi. It's a great house, and I'll have no problems selling on the market. However, my goal is to move to a smaller place (perhaps 3 rooms/2 bath) in upper Queen Anne or Capitol Hill. I'm open to fixers at the right price, my primary goal is to shift to a different neighborhood.

I'm posting here because the best way for me to do this is with a contingent offer (ie, my house selling first). My place will have no problems selling — it's a great location, great house, and agents often knock on my door asking if I'm selling. But, since I'd rather do this move with a contingent sale, I thought I'd post here and try to start a conversation with anyone who thinks they might be listing.

Note that I'm also open to the idea of a house swap in the right situation.

Love to chat!

Visitor
anditiondotcom

Re: Seeking to buy Craftsman in Queen Anne or Capitol Hill - 2-3 Bed/1-2 Bath

[ Edited ]

Hi avrignaud,

If/when you list your home, and it is priced right and looking great - you could expect multiple offers. You will be in the driver seat and can decide how fast or slow the closing is. If the buyer is anxious to get the mortgage rate locked down, you can always ask for a rent back.

If you have equity in your current home you can also try for a bridge loan. 

All the best,

Nikki

Regular Contributor
hibiscus

If everyone who wanted to buy would just bite the bullet and put their house on the market, I wonder if there would suddenly be plenty of inventory? 

Good luck finding your Craftsman. Given the size you are looking for, I suspect it won't take long. 

Contributor
rfasian

I am seeking to buy a craftsman in Greenlk or Wallyworld or QA or CapHill as well. Near as I can tell, you've got about 30 minutes from the time of listing to make an offer. Thought it would be a great to buy given the Great Recession and all? Forget it.

Super Contributor
ardell

I sent a private message but am not sure how that internal message system functions, so I am responding here as well.  I have a client who may be interested in your home and does not need to sell in order to buy. Wondering if you would consider a sale where you lease your own property back until you find a home to buy. This would be another way to avoid a contingent sale. Not 100% sure your house would work based on which side of the cut it is on. But if you could provide the address, that would be helpful.

Lots of people in the same boat as you. Wanting to sell, but wanting to know where they would go when their house does sell.  There is more surety in the sale these days than in finding the right home to purchase.

ARDELL DellaLoggia
Sound Realty