Regular Contributor
Mtndude

Rental landscaping

We currently rent a single family house.  We have mowed the lawn pretty regularly and have trimmed along the edges a bit.  Cleaned up the leaves after winter etc.

There are numerous flower beds around our house as well as multiple blackberry bushes that have taken root in the non grassy areas...  The flower beds were empty when we moved in.

Is it our responsibility to wack down the blackberry bushes, edge the lawn with an edger, clean up the flower beds etc???

Our property management company had a crew over today doing all of the above, as well as fixing one of the flowerbeds that collapsed from soil movement/runoff from the neighbors property.

I rent because I DON"T want the responsibility of grooming the yard...

Any thoughts?

Silver Contributor
bld999

Re: Rental landscaping

Read the lease carefully, the answer is likely in there.

Regular Contributor
Mtndude

Apparently the landlord just was being nice and had the yard spruced up....

I couldn't find our original lease, but was not too concerned.

I guess paying your rent for 3 years on time gets you something.

Silver Contributor
ReallyEstate

Call the management company and ask.  If you push back on them, they might be nice and send someone to take care of it.  That will likely mean anything alive gets ripped out and you get a lot of infertile mulch over canvas through which nothing will grow.  You can mention that you don't have a copy of the lease and send it along.  Typically that kind of thing is on you.