Visitor
JM2013

Opinions on Lake City-North Seattle

We are looking for a home in an area with affordable prices but more importantly an area that is safe for a family of 3 + 1 to come.  What are the thoughts and opinions of the Lake City area?  Some have suggested that the area has a higher than normal crime rate and number of homeless facilities.

Contributor
MyTwoCents

Re: Opinions on Lake City-North Seattle

Unless you are a home-school or private school family, I'd suggest you find a good public school district first, as it will likely encompass safe neighborhoods for your family.

Regular Contributor
godboutd

I agree with mytwocents. I would looks south of 95th in the north seattle area, or head north a bit to kenmore/bothell in the northshore school district.

New Visitor
RyanH

Hi there,

With children, I'd also recommend looking a little further north (north of 145th), which would get you into the Shoreline Schools...Lake Forest Park would be far preferable to Lake City and has great schools (I am admittedly biased on that recommendation though). A little further south would also (generally) be a better option.

Contributor
SeattleKC

[ Edited ]

Yes, I'd stay away from Lake City. Like mentioned, Lake Forest Park is close and is a better area. You can keep going that direction towards Kenmore and Bothell.

Visitor
JM2013

Thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions.  We will take those into consdieration.