Visitor
LisaB

Need an agent on Whidbey

Does anyone know the name of a good agent on Whidbey Island?  We want to buy a weekend home and we've contacted two agents without success.  The first was the listing agent of a home we're interested in - she didn't phone back.  The second agent I spoke with took down our information and said to give him a nudge if he takes too long to get back to us, that he has a lot of irons in the fire.  So far we have heard nothing.  Given the economy, I would have thought it would be easier to find an agent who wants to work with us.  We simply want a weekend place with privacy, a bit of acreage, and in the 300k to 400k range.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Redfin Partner Agent
AdamMorrow

Re: Need an agent on Whidbey

[ Edited ]

Hi LisaB -

Pretty amazing you can't get a call back from the agent of the property you are interested in and having an agent tell you he is too busy to work with you. You would think most agents would respond immediately and want to work with you, especially in this market. 

I have heard the Whidbey Island Board of County Commissioners adopted a variety of property/real estate ordinances that became effective in January of this year. Apparently, part of the new code requirements also include a change in the disclosure statements for sellers on the island. As a result, you should get a knowledgeable local agent.

I have a few names on Whidbey I believe would be worth calling. I'm not sure if posting names on this forum is appropriate, but if you want to send me an email, I would be happy to email you their information.

Adam Morrow | Real Estate Attorney | Broker | Sound Counsel Realty | Redfin Partner

Visitor
DougR

Hi Lisa,

My wife grew up on Whidbey Island and we recently bought a vacation property there.  If you are interested in south end, I would give a strong recommendation for Gary Piper at Piper Properties in Langley. (http://www.piperproperties.com, tel (360) 221-5855)

Gary has been buying / selling properties on Whidbey for 40 years and is incredibly knowledgable, reliable, and responsive.  He helped us with our purchase, and went way beyond what was expected.  You'll be in good hands. 

Visitor
LisaB

Thank you for your help - I appreciate it :-).  I will look up that agent now and give him a call.

Contributor
DanielBretzke

I have a weekend home near Coupeville, and go there most weekends.  I know the neighborhoods of central Whidbey, so if you would like any advice or would like to tour any homes  in that area, send me an email or give me a call. 

Daniel Bretzke
Redfin Senior Agent
TammiE

Hi Lisa - 

I am a Team Lead for Redfin and I live on Whidbey.  I would be happy to help you.  If you have not found anyone else yet, let me know and I can give you a call.  Even though Redfin does not officially work on Whidbey, I am happy to do do it.

Take care - 

Tammi Escalle

Contributor
julius

Dear Tammi,

I am interested in homes on Whidbey Island. What is the best way to contact you?

Thank You!

Redfin Senior Agent
TammiE

Hi Julius - 

You can reach me at tammi.escalle@redfin.com or at 425-330-6851.  Either works.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care -

Tammi