Regular Contributor
denismurf

Great inspector

Are we allowed to mention names?
The most thorough and knowledgeable inspector I've ever encountered is Reis Pearson, who does business as Inside Out. Check out a sample report at the website. -- Denis Murphy
Redfin Staff

Re: Great inspector

We definitely encourage your comments about whether you would recommend any inspector or other contractor to potential Redfin clients, based on your experience with them. +1 for Reis.
Marcella Branniff
Real Estate Operations Manager
Redfin Staff

To be clear, negative feedback is equally welcome, of course.
Marcella Branniff
Real Estate Operations Manager
Contributor
Simon

I have used Pinpoint Inspections -http://www.pinpointinspections.com/AboutUs.html- in the past, and have been very pleased with Rick's work. Whoever I recommended him to was very impressed with his work too, including agents.
Contributor
SewcraticMethod

While we're at it, I was very happy with our inspector, Robert Jones from Brickkicker, who did two inspections for us and saved us from buying a money pit. (http://www.ashi.org/homeinspectors/Washington/Rainier/14857AG/). I really appreciated that he didn't just inspect the homes, he taught us about what we should be looking for. He also told us to feel free to call to ask him questions about houses we'd look at, or to email photos of anything we weren't sure about to get his opinion.
Contributor
MoldMan

Easy www.PNWIG.com years of on hands building experience. Commercial and Residential.
New Visitor
WandQ

[ Edited ]
We used Reis (from Inside Out Building Inspection) for both our move-in Inspection and 1 year follow-up. Very knowledgeable about home construction. Very thorough in both inspections and was able to answer all of our questions and ease our concerns. Highly recommended.

Message Edited by WandQ on 06-29-2008 10:30 PM
Super Contributor
Mlindekugel

Inside & Out has pictures in the report.

IMO, an inspection report without pictures is completely unacceptable.

BTW, in WA State an inspector must have a valid pest inspection license to make any comments about wood destroying organisms.
Thank you,
Michael P. Lindekugel, MBA – Finance, CDPE
Director Special Assets Division | Sr Program Manager
RE/MAX Metro Realty, Inc
Contributor
tvlbhat

I bought a home recently and Reis was my inspector. I loved her for a ton of reasons but as with anything you as the homeowner may have to have either additional inspections to review her initial review. We had to have an electrician and additional pest inspector come to review her remarks. I also think her report is fab for the pictures but the format of it is not easy to cut/paste for inspection response for realtors ( i got that sense from my realtor). Overall I think she is great.
Contributor
firespirit

I wanted to add another kudos for Reis here.  She just did an inspection on a house we put an offer on and she was very thorough in my opinion.  When she was going around the house she told us about things that aren't issues now, but we will have to keep on top of them to make sure they don't become issues.