Visitor
Issaqbuyer

Exterior Painter Recommendations

We need to paint the exterior of the house and are looking for exterior painter recommendations on the eastside.

Also, is it ok to paint the exterior during winter months, Late Jan or early Feb?

Silver Regular Contributor
Fishmarty

Re: Exterior Painter Recommendations

I remember I printed exterior wood beams with latex exterior paints in December 2008. I read label of the can which says not to paint when temperature dropped below 30F...

Is your wall stucco or panel?

Visitor
Issaqbuyer

There's some EFIS (Fake Stucco) hardy plank and some wood I think

Super Contributor
oddman

checkbook.org

is a great site for local services , they take no payments from the companies discussed and survive on the $30 for 2 year sub along with donations etc.  They put angies list to shame with the high quality real reviews.

I keep my sub even though I dont really need just to pay them back for the monies I have saved finding excellent people who work at reasonable rates.

Frankly the reviews, recs, insights have saved me  at the very least $10,000 over the years...

Regular Contributor
Cartab

It is too wet and cold to paint outside in Seattle during the winter.  Even if you managed to find enough dry days to apply the paint, moisture in the air and in the substrates and the overnight lows would keep the paint from curing properly and you would not get adequate bond.  A whole host of additional problems are possible.  

New Visitor
Felinicus

I had an amazing experience with Fernando's quality painting 206-697-1599. They had great reviews, very reasonable cost and I was completely happy. They also washed and restained/sealed my deck and it looks brand new.

Super Contributor
oddman

yeah you can paint in the winter, but it is hard and you only get short windows.

there are fast drying low temp paints, but if you can wait  for a dry warm patch early spring....