Silver Contributor
ReallyEstate

Any local rules for Freddie Mac?

Are there any local rules/regulations around Freddie Mac purchases?  I put an offer in on one and it has been in pending inspection for about 1.5 months.  It seems like something shady is going on and nobody is able to get any details.  Are there any Seattle rules that can help with visibility in the process?

Redfin Agent
MoniqueL

Re: Any local rules for Freddie Mac?

Was it your offer that got mutually signed around that changed the 'active' status to 'pending inspection'?  If so, perhaps the listing agent forgot to change it in the multiple?  If Freddie Mac is in contract with another purchaser, maybe there are structual issues that Freddie Mac is trying to work through with it's current purchaser.  Please ask your agent to find out.

Here's a direct link to the Freddie Mac HomeSteps site:  http://www.homesteps.com/

I hope this is helpful to you?

Monique Losk | Redfin Seattle Agent
See all my deals and reviews
Silver Contributor
ReallyEstate

The listing agent is useless.  He didn't update the status and it seems like it's purely due to him just being lazy.  Are there any MLS rules that would compel an agent to, you know, do their job?  A few rotten apples seem to spoil things.

Redfin Coordinator
briancarraway

There certainly are rules pertaining to Agents doing their job and keeping up to date information on all listings.  This unfortunately happens all the time, and the mls has a process of reporting this now.  Agents can click a little whistle icon on the listing to report inaccurate information.  If not change within, I think 24hours, the brokerage will receive a fine.  This is a constant headache for customers and other Agents who rely on this info to service the public.

Brian

Silver Contributor
ReallyEstate

Thanks Brian.  As usual, great post.