Visitor
SharonB

Uncommunicative agents

I am seeking to understand why some agents fail to communicate.  We got an offer on our home which we promptly countered.  Our agent sent it off and the buyer’s agent said you will have a response by the end of the day.  Then all communication stopped.  We never got a response to the counter.  Our agent left multiple messages with the buyer’s agent both email and voicemail.  No reply.  Finally, weeks later the buyer’s agent decides to send our realtor a note and she says I am sorry my buyers are in escrow on another property.  Ok, that’s fine but why would you simply not return a call from my agent from the get go so we were not left hanging?  Isn’t that just basic professional business behavior?  As a side note, those buyers ended up not buying the other house and their agent called back wanting to do the deal.  Unfortunately, the house was already off market.  What a shame the agent didn't have the courtesy or common sense to have kept us in the loop. 

Gold Trusted Contributor
Dag44

Re: Uncommunicative agents

That agent's just an idiot.

Visitor
Nagorak

It seems to happen even more often that the seller's agent won't communicate.  You make an offer and then hear nothing back.  The place is contingent so apparently someone else's offer was selected, but they never respond to tell you that. 

Some real estate agents are just rude.  I think real estate attracts some less than nice people overall.  Not that every agent is bad by a long shot, but there are plenty they are. 

Visitor
DKovacs

If you want to find an real estate agent, look for Steve Lincoln with Lincoln realty group or sell Aviara resort properties. He and his team do a good job at following up for buyer and seller, have open houses, listing and other means to advertise your houses. They are courteous and prompt. They offer you the best information so that you can make wise financial decision with regard to buying and selling which will definitely benefit you, unlike other brokers who have a bunch of agents selling for them. You only see the broker at the first meeting and you'll never hear from them again. Unless your listing is in the high price range, chances are you won't have the broker spending money on open houses.  With Steve Lincoln, you'll get your money worth. This is the words from a very judgmental buyer. I normally have a snack for picking out the best ones be it friends, shops, houses and real estate broker. Steve Lincoln and his wife are decent and reliable people in my book.

Visitor
WayneDixon21

Sadly, that is one of the top problems of home sellers, some home agents are completely -"incommunicado". and at the end you will be surprised that they had approved/failed your property clients, that is why it is very important that you choose the agents that you hired.

RRW
Contributor
RRW

Well if the deal is dead in there eyes they just move on to the next one.

As for me if I countered and did not hear back in 24hrs I would already assume its a no go. I dont need the verbal communication it is in the contract.

We put in plenty of offers as a buyer and never got a response...I just knew if we don't hear anything we did not get it.

Contributor
peabody99

^ on the house we are in escrow with we did not hear anything for days. then I got my pending alert on redfin it was under pending,I was devesated we never had the chance to counter. Texted our agent ticked off I had to found out we lost out via redfin. Turns out it was our offer that was accepted. come to find out the buyer signed the contract 3 days prior, but the selling agent didnt get around to communicating with our agent that the offer had been accepted. Can you believe that? Talk about uncommunitive. 

Visitor
kitkatpaddywhak

Something very similar to what happened to peabody99 happened to me on the home I recently purchased.  The seller's agent was extremely incommunicative with mine, despite her calling him constantly to try to get updates for me.  I found out via Redfin the property went pending before I heard from the seller's agent that my  offer was accepted.  Dealing with this realtor drove me and my realtor both bonkers.

Visitor
KOgmg

[ Edited ]

That is an incredibly unprofessional agent. You're exactly right, SharonB, this is basic professional business behavior. If you are an agent, you have to follow through in this scenario, otherwise there's no point in doing business with them. These types of problems are definitely not limited to real estate agents. You'll find discourteous people like this in all walks of life! When I made the cross-country move to San Diego (from New Jersey!) she was extremely helpful. I told her the type of place I was interested in and the location and she delivered. She was also quick to get back to me if I ever needed anything.