Visitor
CalvinA

Pros and Cons of buying a house next to a park

I like a house located next to park. What are the Pros and Cons of buying a house next to park?

Contributor
russ123

Re: Pros and Cons of buying a house next to a park

My sister in law lives across a park.  Here's what I know:

Pros-

Good view, it's like a big extension to your front or back yard.

Good place to exercise  

Cons-

1. Weekend gets pretty noisy with more traffic.

• Handball tournaments
  • Soccer
  • parties

2. abandon animals

3. Occasionally you'll see homeless people around the park.  Some will use it in the morning to bath (if your park has restrooms).  Some will sleep at the park at night.

4. If the park allows fireworks on 4th of July then it's not good for your dog/s.  They're scared of the noise.  

Platinum Super Contributor
Nanomug

Depends on the park and what you like to do.   I lived two doors away from a park years ago and loved it.  It was a nice place and there were many activities on the weekends.   Friends lived next to a community park and its was great when the kids were little.   

Visitor
easelman

If its a park in an area with the homeless than you probably also have drug use and maybe protitution (worse case). Gang activity sometimes lives in parks, usually the larger ones so they can disapear off to the side. But a small park in a nice area with local kids can be great for a family.

It also depends on your lot size and if you can play soccer or toss a ball, but even just riding your bikes is safer at a park.

I remember about 15 years ago, Balboa Park was terrible, you wouldnt walk around at night, the homeless slept in the bushes and it was unsafe, now its a great place and although you have some of those issues, its not the same. I use to live in a condo with a park across the street... great!