Redfin Staff
AndyTaylor

New Details Page in Sacramento

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone - We're getting close to turning on a new details page for Sacramento!

It's a pretty major re-design of the page, based on extensive user feedback and requests over the years, some necessary engineering work, and a whole lotta love from the Redfin team. It has all of the same information as before (in some cases re-organized), and we'll hope you love it as much as we do.

In addition, we're adding Redfin Activity Stats (in a new "Activity Section"), so you can get a sense for how many people have viewed, favorited, x'd out and toured with us for this listing, and all time.

Once it goes live, we'd love to hear from you: What do you love? What do you dislike? What else would you like to see? We're going to be making improvements, and your input will help drive the process.

Thank you all,

Andy
Andy Taylor | Director of Product | Redfin
Visitor
ssblaze

Re: New Details Page in Sacramento

Like the look. I'd like to see overpriced alerts. We certainly do not need another false market. A reasonable 2% per year is good. If you want to make money in real estate please invest in rentals, build homes or buy distressed properties but please do not yet to get more than the going rate per square foot in your area. I want to purchase a home but the problem seems to be extreme overpricing. This home is $200,000.00 over the current market value. Now I can purchase another home and probably will but the point us that we are not willing to pay a premium just because we fell for this lovely home. STOP being so greedy. Thank you.
Regular Contributor
FauxSho

Interesting re-design. I'm still getting used to the new layout, but it looks pretty good so far.

I like the scroll bar at the top, it makes it easier to see where you are on the page at a glance and move around quickly without scrolling if needed.

I like the Redfin Activity Stats very much, those can be quite useful pieces of information for both sellers and buyers. I didn't notice it at first, and even when I went to find it I missed it the first time since it's not "at the top of the property history."

It seems like Agent Insights should naturally immediately follow the Redfin Activity Stats. The ordering of sections now is a little disjointed and doesn't flow quite as well as it could.

I actually like the reduction of the monthly mortgage payment stat from an embedded calculator to a simple stat with a pop-up settings window. However it doesn't change the fact that since it hasn't been updated to be able to account for Property Taxes, Home Insurance, and HOA fees, it's as useless as it was before. If it were updated to be more comprehensive, it would actually be very useful (with good defaults or saved account-level defaults) as a one-glance display of a critical metric during a home search.

I'd kind of like to see a little notification of HOA dues up on the top bar (right under the list price would make sense, I'd think). Those top bars are always there in the same place if I'm cycling through properties on multiple tabs, so they're useful for comparison purposes, but without the HOA dues on that bar it's hard to make quick comparisons. Actually if you get the monthly payment calculator more robust, the number link for it would probably be most useful on that top bar also.

Redfin Staff
AndyTaylor

Ah yes - I saw this in that other thread, but we absolutely need to update the payments calculator (which was ported from the older page as-is). The goal is to make it act just like the iPhone. and include HOA dues, tax information, fees, PMI, and even estimated utilities to give a better picture of true monthly costs (since mortgage is just a part of the total cost).

HOA Dues should appear for you just under the price of the condo (where we have the information), so let me know if this isn't showing up for you for some reason! (I included an attachment showing where this lives)

Thanks for all the feedback,

Andy

Andy Taylor | Director of Product | Redfin