jrz
Visitor
jrz

Seems like all the bottom-tier homes (under 100K) are suddenly Pending ?

Is this really a sudden development in the lower-end home market, or is this merely a change in the information Redfin is providing ?

If it's really a change in the market, is it short-term ?  ie. an influx of money buying up rental properties, or did some lender suddenly break free with loans ?

Visitor
interestedbuyin

Re: Seems like all the bottom-tier homes (under 100K) are suddenly Pending ?

I observed the same. I have offered and have lost a few but gotten two. They end up having issues on inspection and hence I backed away. But there seems to be virtual competition setup and price gouging happenning. Here is one example - I offered on a decent looking low 100k home. I got a mutiple offer document to be signed. I backed away. The property is still on market. Another property that was on corner of 3 street came on market and I wanted to buy but the seller agent let my agent know that its a multiple offer situation and they wanted my high and best price. I looked at the location and other information and let them know I will stay in the same price. Guess what?? They still are looking for a buyer.

So, if you are not in a hurry, do not rush - there are ton of homes that will come. There seems to be price gouging and also, homes that come on market are offered the first day and swooped away. Wait and then go forward - thats my thought.

Every person has thier own way of looking at this. So, be careful in not contributing to any of the price gouging.

Redfin Partner Agent
ArturJoanna

The supply of homes under $100K is only 2.3 months, or squarely in favor the the seller. Meaning also, that stuff is selling and selling fast.  This is also the trend in homes from $100-$150K. 

Artur Ciesielski & Joanna Zajusz | Redfin Partner Agent
See all my deals & reviews
Contributor
Lpve

[ Edited ]

Looks like the market is heating up in your area?