Contributor
kevincw01

time to sell my house in HB, good renters in place w/ 4 year lease desire

I moved for a job a couple years ago and I've been renting my huntington beach house (that I bought via redfin) to a family.  They are probably the best renters in existance with direct deposit rent payment and almost never call me about anything.  Well it's time for me to buy another place and I need to unlock my equity to do it.  I spoke with the renters and they want to lock in another 4 year lease.  Before I list it I figured I'd check for investors that might want to do an easy low cost sale via redfin.

Silver Contributor
JK_1

Re: time to sell my house in HB, good renters in place w/ 4 year lease desire

what happened to the renters that were "wiling to buy" in a previous post you had last year?

What part of HB is it in? More details about it?

Contributor
kevincw01

[ Edited ]
no solid commitment to buying from renters so far...although they ask me for an upated price last night. I spoke with a couple realtors who have their eye out for investors. 4 recent comps and 1 active listing put it at $724k.
Regular Contributor
jones22

Does this place have unpermitted addtions? Why is sqft reported as 2450 instead of 1673?

Contributor
Debbygilbert

I think you should contact to local realtors if you are looking for property & also told to your renters that you need to unlock your property. In this situation you should directly contact to renters & told all the things, so that your good relationship will continues.

Contributor
kevincw01

@jones22 no, all the houses in the neigborhood have the sq ft recorded incorrectly. the first floor is recorded as a basement so the additional sq ft are not reflected in sq ft.
Contributor
kevincw01

@debbygilbert, im completely lost on your post. i did contact local realtors and i did advise the renters...
Gold Contributor
BobPhillips-RE

"all the houses in the neighborhood have the sq ft recorded incorrectly. the first floor is recorded as a basement so the additional sq ft are not reflected in sq ft."

That sounds like absolute Oscar Meyer BALONEY. There are probably ZERO houses in Huntington Beach that have an actual basement - under ground level - due to the fact that most of H.B. falls within a flood plain.

If your buyer believes YOUR story about the square footage, you'd best believe an appraiser won't buy it.  Good luck getting that concoction past the buyer's lender.

All this, of course, is merely MY opinion. Thanks for reading.

Bob Phillips - Realty ONE Group - South Orange County, CA
Contributor
kevincw01

Actually, i have 2 appraisal reports from different banks that state this. since you're a realtor, feel free to review the mls listings for other houses in the track and note the sq footage. then call the list agent and ask.