Contributor
ocman_2

redfin vs other sites

I checked homes dot com and it said that a certain property was reduced 26k on 12-9-12.

Redfin and other sites still reflects the old price, why is the other site reporting this change and which ones are accurate?

thanks

Gold Contributor
BobPhillips-RE

Re: redfin vs other sites

It would be helpful if you'd provide either the MLS #, or the address.

All this, of course, is merely MY opinion. Thanks for reading.

Bob Phillips - Realty ONE Group - South Orange County, CA
Contributor
ocman_2

MLS# P838360

Platinum Super Contributor
Nanomug

interesting.  homes.com shows two listings for the property with two different prices.

I looked on the listing agent's website and the price was listed at $425K.  I guess the LA would know the price.

Gold Contributor
BobPhillips-RE

[ Edited ]

So here's Redfin's version of the MLS, as it presently exists.

http://www.redfin.com/homes-for-sale#!lat=33.925011&listing_id=16440608&long=-117.86708099999998&mar...

It has two prices - now - because they're using an old Prudential device they call "range" pricing, from $399k to $425k.

Supposedly, the seller would not entertain any offers below the lowest figure, although that has always seemed like baloney to me.  Why offer anything higher than the lowest figure? ( And, if the comps don't even support the lower figure, offer less, anyway.)

All this, of course, is merely MY opinion. Thanks for reading.

Bob Phillips - Realty ONE Group - South Orange County, CA
Contributor
ocman_2

thanks, i always thought that the prudential device was supposed to be, this is what i really want and this is what i really will take...seems odd though.

peace

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

BobPhillips-RE wrote:

So here's Redfin's version of the MLS, as it presently exists.

http://www.redfin.com/homes-for-sale#!lat=33.925011&listing_id=16440608&long=-117.86708099999998&mar...

It has two prices - now - because they're using an old Prudential device they call "range" pricing, from $399k to $425k.

Supposedly, the seller would not entertain any offers below the lowest figure, although that has always seemed like baloney to me.  Why offer anything higher than the lowest figure? ( And, if the comps don't even support the lower figure, offer less, anyway.)

so would they entertain a price above the highest figure?

Silver Contributor
Ed_in_SoCal

I've looked at a couple of those Sommerset townhouses in the past.   Just note that the resident association is not responsible for outside wood decking, so many of the homes there have balconies and decks that are in bad shape and/or termites.  But since this area is spread out, if the units next to yours look ok, then in my opinion, it can be a good buy.  Note there is some noise from Lambert plus the fire station on Kraemer is just a few hundred yards away.