Silver Contributor
Groundhog

Re: Investors Swarm Housing, Raising Concerns

Cadenza wrote:

NAR is gearing up the fight against QRM.... 

http://www.realtor.org/topics/qrm

And you can bet CAR will be right there with them..............I wonder why, really?

Groundhog opinion

OGR

Silver Contributor
JK_1

So making more money and being more famous makes you more important?  Bob, please you need better ethics.

Besides..Nationally known (by some) and well respected economist. ( umm..maybe well respected by realtors that have had their head in the sand for the last decade and blindly follow what he says)

More well known than anyone on this forum? I'm reminded of a conversation by a wise man once:

1st person: I wish I was famous and rich.

2nd person: I'll take rich but forget being famous. Anonymity is something the famous can never buy.

Just my .02

Silver Regular Contributor
digo

[ Edited ]

And yet...investors are seriously impacting the market in California and other areas with distressed housing.

Investors buying foreclosures

from the above WaPo article:

"The cost of renting in the United States reached an all-time high compared with that of buying a home at the end of last year, indicating that it is a good time for investors to buy, according to Deutsche Bank analysts. Should property values rebound, Waypoint may earn at least 20 percent from appreciation in an eventual sale of the houses, says Colin Wiel, who co-founded the firm in 2008 after backing technology start-ups as an angel investor."

“I never thought I’d be rolling up single-family homes,” Wiel says. “But the yields are awesome.”

Gold Contributor
BobPhillips-RE

JK_1 stated:  "So making more money and being more famous makes you more important?  Bob, please you need better ethics."

My comments were in response to someone who was making a typically blanket opinion, about someone because that's the BEAR thing to do.  A poster without a clue about the person they were posting an opinion of, simply because that's the opinion they've heard from fellow bears, none of whom have the slightest idea about the targeted person, or his credentials.

That's all.

All this, of course, is merely MY opinion. Thanks for reading.

Bob Phillips - Realty ONE Group - South Orange County, CA