Silver Trusted Contributor
RE_Guy

Groundhog

Hey group -

I am worried about groundhog -- we have not heard from him in months!  Got to remember at his/mine age everyday is a give.

Of course, all this is just my opinion.

Gold Contributor
TrabucoDom

Re: Groundhog

I hope he is ok...wasn't he doing some RV traveling lately? Probably he is kicking back with a margarita and ejoying the good life...

despite some increased RE activity in OC, this forum has slowed to a crawl so not much reason to check in as much...we should join him on some travels:smileyhappy:

Silver Regular Contributor
digo

I think I saw him on his surfboard down at the beach.

Gold Contributor
BobPhillips-RE

Trabuco Dom said: "despite some increased RE activity in OC, this forum has slowed to a crawl so not much reason to check in as much...we should join him on some travels:smileyhappy:"

Forum activity - as it used to exist - has slowed to a crawl because most of the gloomers - including GroundHog - have lost their primary reason to dispense their customary warnings of further doom & gloom.  When a market turns positive - as it did in January of this year - such discussions lost their appeal.

Most of them probably saw the futility of their former stance, and went out and bought real estate.

All this, of course, is merely MY opinion. Thanks for reading.

Bob Phillips - Realty ONE Group - South Orange County, CA
Gold Contributor
TrabucoDom

BobPhillips-RE wrote:

Trabuco Dom said: "despite some increased RE activity in OC, this forum has slowed to a crawl so not much reason to check in as much...we should join him on some travels:smileyhappy:"

Forum activity - as it used to exist - has slowed to a crawl because most of the gloomers - including GroundHog - have lost their primary reason to dispense their customary warnings of further doom & gloom.  When a market turns positive - as it did in January of this year - such discussions lost their appeal.

Most of them probably saw the futility of their former stance, and went out and bought real estate.

I think many people were bears because they saw the bear market...now it is flat...so now they are not bears...they see reality...a person who sees reality will change their opinions as markets change...unlike some people who may be permabulls or permabears and just say the same think no matter the facts that are present.

Trusted Contributor
gree3616

BobPhillips-RE wrote:

I think we should be concerned about Groundhog's well being rather than debating RE prices.

Contributor
nrgdiva

Maybe forum activity is down because the forum link doesn't show up in the right navigation bar on the property page in the new RedFin fomat.

Super Contributor
bukowski

"gloomers have lost their primary reason to dispense their customary warnings of further doom & gloom."

Nevermind their tales of gloomer pessimism never materialized, they'll be around again like that stale xmas fruitcake.

Silver Trusted Contributor
RE_Guy

I have always wondered who eats fruit cakes - could never figure it out -- nobody I know likes them or would eat them.

Regular Contributor
irvinehomeowner

RE_Guy wrote:

I have always wondered who eats fruit cakes - could never figure it out -- nobody I know likes them or would eat them.

I'm am one of the few... or only... who likes to eat fruitcake.

3CWG