Contributor
nrgdiva

Foreclosed Homes (purple icon) not showing on Redfin Map - has something changed?

I used to be able to see foreclosed homes that were not on the mls by checking the foreclosed homes box under the "Include" heading in the advanced search.  Redfin defines this option as Foreclosed homes: The results will include homes in foreclosure from the bank's website. These homes are likely not for sale.

Now if I do that search, nothing comes up on the map. 

But if I type in one of the specific listings - such as 24112 Valyermo Dr. Mission Viejo, CA 926910 it comes up on the map with a purple icon.  

Has something changed on Redfin?

Redfin Market Manager
PaulReid

Re: Foreclosed Homes (purple icon) not showing on Redfin Map - has something changed?

Hi nrgdiva,

Nothing has changed that I know of. I just did a foreclosed home search in that area and they popped up, including this home you're referencing.

Sometimes I accidentally leave parameters from active property searches and then go to search foreclosures and nothing comes up. Try clicking on 'Reset Search Options' in the lower right corner of the search box and then searching for just foreclosures. If you leave in price or a few other parameters you won't get any results.

Best of luck in your search and have a great day!

Paul Reid | Inland Empire Market Manager
Contributor
nrgdiva

Re: Foreclosed Homes (purple icon) not showing on Redfin Map - has something changed?

Thanks Paul - that worked.