Visitor
Sirbeaubeau

mcdrags llc

[ Edited ]
stay away from these flippers! You have been warned. tried to buy a house in Inglewood. Pulled out after inspections. there was a clogged sewer line. We ask them to clean it out. Instead, they replace the entire section of sewer line, lateral line and broke into the main line illegally. everytime we countered they kept taking away things from the deal or just wouldn't respond to items in the counter offer. they are very very bizarre and difficult to deal with. they're worse than maxim properties.
Silver Contributor
DrivingSideways

Re: mcdrags llc

I'm interested.  It costs a lot more to excavate and replace a section of the line than to clean it out.  Is your problem with the main line connection the quality of the work, or the fact that it wasn't permitted?  If it was done per standards, I wouldn't stress too much about the new connection to the land line.  There may be more to the story but I don't see the big problem.

Visitor
Sirbeaubeau

all I asked was for them to clean it out. they said they did clean it out and come reinspect. instead on my reinspection I came back to a completely replaced sewer line lateral line and broken into main line my reinspection. 2 Master Plumbers license to go into city mains of Inglewood advised me that what they did was not permited and is an illegal connection. why replace the sewer line lateral line and break into the main when all I asked was for you to clean out the system. the replacement pipe is white abs plastic, not permitted, is jammed into 4 smaller fragmented pipes that is jammed into a terra cotta pipe which is jammed into the city main line. these are not sealed pipes. They broke the main line lateral line with broken abs white plastic sewer. They created a 12k mess when all they had to do was clean out the sewer line. even if they broke the sewer line it wouldn't cost this much. sorry for the mistake done from my phone.
Super Contributor
brandonbw

It is expensive to replace a sewer laterl to the street connection though.  We just did this on about 85' and it cost close to $10k.  They probably learned that snaking the line wasn't the problem.  And realized they had to replace as any inspection would bring up the problem.

Visitor
Sirbeaubeau

I guess I'm just not making this clear. If I ask you to snake your blocked sewer line to re-inspect on your property. You do it, right? If you break the pipe, do you dig it up and pretend nothing is wrong, or do you admit that you tried to snake the pipe, broke it, and now pay to fix it. Mcdrags did the former. They broke the pipe, dig it up, shoved 30' of ABS plastic pipe into a terra cotta pipe, shattering that pipe and breaking into a the sealed mainline pipe. Digging up their property isn't the issue, what is the issue is that they created a 12k (smallest estimate) mess and wanted me to pay for it on top of full asking price I gave them. If they copped to breaking the pipe on their property, then it would have been a less expensive fix, but one I still wouldn't agree to do since I didn't do it. They refused to admit that they did anything and now I had to buy the house 'as is'. When I started to walk away, they came back saying, "okay we will forgive final contingencies."  what? that was never on the table and EFF you if you think I'd ever give up my protections. I'm sure they will find someone in the second position but I couldn't afford full ask, 12k over that (because of multiple bids) then 15k in plumbing + 8k in closing costs. So if I could have bought the house, I'd be 23k-25k underwater. I understand if I live in the house for x number of years that means nothing, but it still puts a bad taste in one's mouth.