Contributor
MrsTran

Why 941 Stuhr Dr., San Gabriel, CA still not sold?

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Gabriel/941-Stuhr-Dr-91775/home/7034217 

Is it because they list it too high? Or is it because it's across from Flood Control Channel? Will flood insurance be a must? The listing price keeps going down and the home sits on the market for 147 days. How much you think someone should offer for this home? Thank you.

Silver Trusted Contributor
HarryV

Re: Why 941 Stuhr Dr., San Gabriel, CA still not sold?

At $427/sq ft, people want to buy a prime property at a prime location. Although, N. SG is a nice neighborhood, Google streetview will tell you a lot about why no one has snatched up this property. The property is squeezed between the floodchannel and the road leading to the property is extremely tight and probably very dark in the evening. Consdering the owners set a high asking price when first listed, it will be difficult to lowball them. It wouldn't hurt to try to offer $625k but I would be extremely surprised if they accept it.

Contributor
MrsTran

Thanks HarryV for the reply. That''s what I thought. I rent a condo 1.5 miles away. My coworker wants to offer $600k but I haven't seen the property or the neighborhood myself so I can's say for sure. The house looks decent from looking at the pictures though. 

Silver Regular Contributor
Fishmarty

MrsTran wrote:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Gabriel/941-Stuhr-Dr-91775/home/7034217 

Is it because they list it too high? Or is it because it's across from Flood Control Channel? Will flood insurance be a must? The listing price keeps going down and the home sits on the market for 147 days. How much you think someone should offer for this home? Thank you.

Yes I believe flood insurance is a must. You can call local flood ins agent to find out.

In general I don't like that whole area. It take your really awhile to reach to the freeway.