Regular Visitor
GreenHead

Where do I get real time MLS info?

I have been checking out Zillow but properties that show available(not pending) have been in escrow for up to a month according to my agent. Also his realtor website shows info like "back up offers", that's not available at Zillow. Can someone point me to a website that doesn't have such outdated information?

Looking for homes in the Coachella Valley.
Regular Contributor
FurnitureBroker

Re: Where do I get real time MLS info?

I think you answered your own question.  Go to the source, the MLS.  Find an agent you are comfortable working with, they will get you MLS data.    Otherwise just use Redfin & others.  The delay isn't that bad.

Platinum Super Contributor
Nanomug

Listing Book shows most if not all of the information.  However your agent must give you access and not all agents use listingbook.

Contributor
snowman

[ Edited ]

itech.rapmls.com go there its the mls listings without the agent remarks.

put in your criterias , click the magnifying glass next to cities.

click on "click here" in the pop up. choose your cities.

Redfin Agent
julie-j

Just clarifying that Redfin refereshes to real-time updated MLS data roughly every 20 minutes (several times per hour).  Hope that helps.  Good luck on your search!

Julie Jacobson l Associate Agent l Los Angeles
See my team's deals & reviews

Silver Contributor
Ed_in_SoCal

Zillow stinks.  Redfin is much better.  Even better than listingbook, in my opinion.  For the very few places where seller agent's remarks are hidden, just ask your agent to look those up.

New Visitor
MikePC

Really? So how how come redfin says to me 2nd day on redfin status active, I have MLS number to my agent and he said SOLD, I ask him how come? and he said 5th day on MLS. So how is it real time updadted every 20 minutes?

Redfin Partner Agent
Adam-la

I work as a realtor and have MLS access.  In addition I work as a Redfin partner agent so I often use both Redfin alerts and alerts sent from the MLS systems (ListingBook) for my clients.   Perhaps I can share some insight about the notifications.

In my experience, the data feed and alerts from Redfin are typically FASTER than the email alerts from the MLS. 

What that means is when a property goes live on the MLS I will receive an email from Redfin first with the new listing information.   Typically, the difference in time is 1-3 hours before the MLS email arrives with the same information.   

To the questions about 'days on market' information, you may not realize it but the number of days information is how long the listing has been populated on the MLS but NOT how long it has been available for others to see.  For example, I can input a new listing today, Tuesday,  but not make it "live" until Thursday and it would appear on the MLS as being on the market for 2 days. 

Happy to answer more questions you may have about this.