Contributor
movin2West

Is building Sherman Oaks?

I really like a new almost half acre vacant lot in Sherman Oaks: http://www.redfin.com/CA/Sherman-Oaks/3553-Alana-Dr-91403/home/40280160

I like this floorplan:http://www.architecturaldesigns.com/mediterranean-house-plan-32106aa.asp#a604a418-ddcf-4d06-9d96-f62...

I am looking into building and living in the home for at least 20 years, but I am wondering how much this home might cost to build. I have looked into homes that have recently sold within a 3mile radius that are over 6500sq.ft and they sold for $2 to 4.5million, not counting the homes that have basketball and tennis court on the land when sold, am I looking at $3 to $5.5. I went by the lot and it's a little more bumpy then Google bird eye view makes it look, that poses a little bit of a problem? can it be leveled safely for this home? how much am I looking at using excellent materials and a nice pool?

I may want to sell decades form now butis build in Sherman Oaks a good idea?

I know I asked allot of questions, sorry and thank you.

Gold Regular Contributor
Andiamo53

Re: Is building Sherman Oaks?

Contributor
movin2West

Different floor plan and location, $/per sq.ft isnt one size fits all cities around LA that why I'm asking.

Silver Contributor
DrivingSideways

Are you a Powerball winner?  People who have amassed fortunes to afford million dollar estates in LA usually don't need to ask questions on the internet about building homes. 

Gold Regular Contributor
Andiamo53

movin2West wrote:

Different floor plan and location, $/per sq.ft isnt one size fits all cities around LA that why I'm asking.

Regardless of different floor plans, whatever wisdom you got the first three times won't change all that much this time. Please do us all a favor and consult an architect. At the prices you are considering spending for a house, this shouldn't be a problem for you.