Contributor
B-man

Is Valley Vista - Sherman Oaks a busy street?

Hi,

I'm interested in this house (14990 VALLEY Vis Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 - see link below) but unsure about location.  Can anyone tell me if Valley Vista is a busy street?

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Sherman-Oaks/14990-Valley-Vista-Blvd-91403/home/4887420

Also curious to know which streets just S.E of the 101/405 interchange are considered desirable? 

I would be commuting to UCLA and looking for a house between the 405 and  Beverly Glen Blvd.  

I'd be curious to know traffic patterns to/from UCLA via Beverly Glen.

Thanks

Silver Trusted Contributor
GEAH

Re: Is Valley Vista - Sherman Oaks a busy street?

It's not insanely busy there, but you will see a pretty constant flow of cars, especially during rush hours. Weekends, too, will mean plenty of cars, though it won't be backed up. The later it gets, the quieter it gets.

Contributor
wealthywithlove

I second. More on an average type. Not too busy and crazily quiet though. A good place for business though I believe it's not that high-potential. But then again it has good potential. 

I take this street on my way home from work, it's not as busy as other streets where people like me are trying to avoid the main roads. But I wouldn't let my kids play on the street during rush hour times.

Contributor
jthechamp

I live just a couple blocks down and while Valley Vista typically isn't that busy, like everyone else said, you will get good flow in the mornings and evenings with people trying to avoid Ventura. 

Also, if that's the house you're looking at purchasing, it's over priced by a large margin. The typical 1 million + lot on Valley Vista has a much larger foot print. At least get a backyard. 

Contributor
Christopher

I live in the neighborhood just north of Ventura Blvd. from that location. 15+ year resident. I can tell you that Valley Vista gets less traffic than Greenleaf and Sutton, which run parallel to it. If you don't have kids, and you're careful backing out of your driveway, it shouldn't be a problem. It's a nice area and "convenient" to the west side (or at least it will be if they ever finish the 405). I do agree that the house looks awfully expensive but if you're not interested in making improvements on an older place and don't need a yard. it would be a lovely place to live.
Visitor
conniesmista

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I live near to this street, the place is really awesome for work point of view. Good for building business.