Regular Visitor
Charliexia

Dodgy short sale?

[ Edited ]

Golf course short sale was sold for 400,000. Dual agents. Korean agents.

What do u think?

Super Contributor
hoping2buy

Re: Dodgy short sale?

I don't know anything about the area but I'm curious why you think this one is a dodgy short sale.  I'm not sure it was a short sale; I didn't see any mention of that although there was a notice of default on the property.  Even so, it was listed for $439,000 in March and there were no takers until December, when it sold for about 10% off list price.  That doesn't seem unusual.  The sales price is a little lower than the comps but not by a huge amount and the listing does note there are unknown assessments, which might account for the lower price.  I'm not saying you're wrong; just wondering what caught your eye about this one.

Silver Contributor
basschick

[ Edited ]

you must be seeing something i'm missing.

when i look at the recent sales below on the page, some didn't close THAT much lower.  considering this was a short sale, and as such may have some cosmetic and maintenance issues, it may not be an unreasonable price.  they may also have been getting down to the wire as far as whether they'd get their short sale or be foreclosed on and that motivated them to take a lower offer - again, something that happens with short sales, which is why some people get such a great deal on them.

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

I understand that some people have a problem with dual agency sales.  Why does their nationality matter?  In fact, those are Chinese names, not Korean