Contributor
tedot

Can anyone here help me determine if this house was actually sold?

I'm trying to refi, and desperately need this sale to show as a comparable so that my house can appraise for what it's really worth, but so far I have had 2 appraisals and both came in low as this property was not used as a valid comparable. Redfin, Trulia, and Zillow all show this house was sold 9/24/2012. I have contacted the listing agent and she confirmed in writing it was sold, however, there is no record of it's sale on sites like PropertyShark or on RealQuest (which is the site that the appriaser used to find sale information)

The property address is 154 North Meridith Ave #11, Pasadena CA 91106. Tax ID 5737014174

I just want to know what the heck the situation is with this house, I saw people moving in not too long after it showed closed on Redfin, and blockshopper even shows the names of the new owners. I provided a screencap from blockshopper.com to the appraiser and they still refused to acknowledge that it sold.

I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure out how to find proof to show the appraiser. I would pull up the public sale record but I dont know how to find the document number, etc... 

Any help/insight would be much appreciated. Without this comparable my home value comes in way too low on the appraisal report.

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Re: Can anyone here help me determine if this house was actually sold?

Contributor
tedot

That is the first thing I did, I gave them a printout from redfin, they said they need to see a record of the deed of trust recorded. 

buyinghouse

Did you call your realtor? He kind of should know what to do.

Contributor
tedot

Yeah, I actually called the listing agent on this place and she confirmed it sold. But still the sale doesnt show up in RealQuest or Propertyshark

buyinghouse

tedot wrote:

Yeah, I actually called the listing agent on this place and she confirmed it sold. But still the sale doesnt show up in RealQuest or Propertyshark

Find out the Escrow company and give them a call, ask them what to do. I asked you if you call your ex-realtor for a hand on this situation. He may know what to do. Or he or she is the ones that maybe hands you the keys to your house and then he's no where to be found?

By the way, are you looking at another lending company? Maybe others are not that hard to work with. Good luck!

Redfin Partner Agent
Adam-la

Part of the reason is that it doesn't appear to be fully recorded yet.   The same owner is still listed in my view to the transaction as has been there for the past 10 years.   I'm local to the area and use the Pasadena Association of Realtors MLS which shows a sale in September but the last recorded ownership transfer (from my service) was April 2004. 

You may find the recording at the county office in Norwalk but for your purposes, this may be a challenge.  

Per the MLS:

Selling Information

Selling Price380,000Selling Date09/24/12
Listing Price399,000Pending Date08/21/12
SP % LP95.24Original Price399,000
FinancingFHA  
Comments 
Selling AgentMing-sheng Hou (MRM-W73177)Selling OfficeVAAC REALTY, INC. (MRM-20780)
Selling Co-Agent Selling Co-Office
Contributor
tedot

Adam, that's precisely what the appraisers are saying too..

I think I got to the bottom of it though, I actually went to the LA county registrar and pulled the grant deed, that shows it was sold in September. I'm not sure why it is not showing up, but at least now I know it's sold and can prove it to the appraiser.

Contributor
Aurobindo

Just  check Redfin to checkout your doubt.

Contributor
Aurobindo

I Guess you should ask your buyer agent for more details.