Visitor
wu9tiger

Recommendation for Steve Lottatore (inspection person)

I recenlty purchased a short-sale house and was looking for a good inspector.  Steve Lottatore was recommanded in an online Chinese community. So I decided to try it. It turned out that Steve is an excellent inspector. He spent 6 hours inspecting our house, and his rate was 100$ less than what our local guy offered. Moreover, our local guy would just spend 2 hours on inspection. He tried his best to educate us about the conditions of our house and to find everything that may cause safety issues. He also sent us a detailed report about his inspection with photoes. I can use that report to find someone to fix some problems. I think he is very reliable and responsible. I highly recommand him.

Steve Lottatore

Phone: 714.777.9111

Just be aware that your agents may not like him. Our agent did not like him because his detailed work caused some trouble for our agent. Our agent also thinks Steve spent too much time on inspection. I told our agent that what Steve did is what an inspector should do. House agents and sellers should not assume buyers are handy men who know everything and can fix everything. Anyway, just remember you agent never represent your interest. You are the only person who can protect yourself.  

Thank you for reading my long post. 

9tiger

Regular Visitor
WetBhndtheEars

Re: Recommendation for Steve Lottatore (inspection person)

thanks for the recommendation.

What area is the short sale house? I The reason I am asking is because am looking at properties in the City of San Bernardino.
Platinum Super Contributor
Nanomug

I googled Steve Lottatore and found that he is based in Yorba Linda which would make him pretty far away for much of the inland empire.  

Steve's name has been posted in the OC forum for a few years.  Hopefully the OP will post back about their location.

BTW there are many good inspectors in the the San Bernardino area.  

BJW
Regular Visitor
BJW

I hired Steve to inspect my house in Riverside, so he will do at least some area of the inland empire. He is excellent.

Visitor
wu9tiger

My house is also in Riverside. I think he is mainly based from Orange county but may be willing to travel outside for inspection.