Regular Contributor
Wagnfun

House we offered on just delisted...

[ Edited ]

This all happened within two weeks.  We were the backup offer on a home. The agent was quick to list the MLS as backups after calling my agent & telling her our status.  The first pulled out so we are now in first. The agent said the bank has paperwork almost done b/c they were already in escrow w/ first offer and we would know if our bid was accepted with in two weeks.  BPO already ordered & home owners short sale paperwork already submitted.  The listing agent is the most on top of things agent I have ever met & seems to really understand the process.  She is very familiar with short sales and wants this home, listed since May SOLD.

I just looked up the home on Redfin and it has been delisted. What does that mean?  

Message Edited by Wagnfun on 07-30-2009 07:44 AM
Regular Contributor
sjBoots

Re: House we offered on just delisted...

Well, in the case of my friend. Once her offer was accepted by the bank, the property was 'delisted'. Then potential buyers or RE agents stop contacting the listing agent.
Platinum Super Contributor
Nanomug

With a short sale it could mean that they don't want any more offers/viewings at this time.  It could also mean that the bank foreclosed.
Silver Contributor
jquick

Delisted specifically means that the property information was removed from being listed for sale on the MLS or MRMLS database.  It is typically done when the seller determines that the cost of MLS listing is not worth continuing, for whatever reason.  Obviously, it's a waste of money to pay to list a property that has a high probability of closing successfully with a buyer under contract with a deposit and solid financials.  Other sellers will list/delist/relist frequently as a game to test out various overvalued prices on a new set of gullible buyers, the seller not having any need to sell anytime soon.
New Visitor
magnoliawv

If the house is delisted, will it ever be sold or just stay vacant? No one wants to show the house, I saw it once when it was going for 179,000.00 and it was in such bad shape I wouldn't pay that much for the place, then the smell was horrible. Then they raised the price...no way I would buy it.

Ask the people next door with the pool if they want to sell their house, I'd pay big bucks for that. I first went over there thinking it was the property for sale and that place is priceless, never seen such a beautiful place inside and out. Contact them and I would love to buy that house.

Silver Contributor
jquick

So long as the owner pays the taxes and maintains the external appearance, they can keep it vacant indefinitely.
Gold Regular Contributor
amydevemma

When it's delisted, it means they don't want any more calls or offers. It doesn't mean they've actually accepted any offers though, but it is likely that they have strong offers to work with.