Redfin Partner Agent
MarkE

Anyone else excited about IKEA, or am I just a geek?

IKEA Centennial Coming Soon!
Under Construction!!
Along Interstate 25, your new IKEA store will eventually be accessible from connections to Dry Creek Rd and County Line Rd exits.

Store Highlights

IKEA Centennial will:
• be built on 13.5 acres
• be a total of 415,000 square-feet
• have approximately 1,500 parking spaces
• employ approximately 400 coworkers

It will be the first US IKEA store to incorporate a geothermal heating/cooling system.

Some key positions are now available. Click here to see them. For other opportunities, continue checking this web site for later postings.

• present approximately 50 inspirational room settings
• have 3 complete model home interiors
• contain a supervised children’s play area
• have a 500-seat restaurant serving Swedish specialties

Mark Edson | Redfin Denver Partner Agent
See all my deals & reviews
New Visitor
Earl

Re: Anyone else excited about IKEA, or am I just a geek?

IKEA is overpriced, garbage.....what is there to be excited about?

Redfin Partner Agent
MarkE

Come on,

Where else can you get Rosted LOK for $1.69. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20125278

Okay, Im joking.. but I do like some of there storage solutions for small places.   I guess it's just not the store for you. 

Redfin Partner Agent
MarkE

BTW, I think its cool that you registered as a new user to post that.  Welcome! 

Contributor
picpoule

IKEA is great. I disagree it's overpriced. Now, we just have to wait for a Trader Joe's!

New Visitor
jondenver

I've been looking forward to IKEA in Denver since I moved here from the east coast NY 12 years ago.  It's a wonderful place, a great shopping experience.  I still have furniture I bought from there from 20 years ago.  It's a progressive company that sells good value, stylish products.  It's self-assemble, but the instructions are very clear.  It's about time we had this choice available in Denver.

Anyone know the opening date?  They look like they're making great progress on it.

Yes, would also be nice to have a Trader Joe's!

Regular Contributor
jinmb

We just closed on our house in Denver, and are excited for the move from Southern California.  Giving up Trader Joe's actually figured into our decision-making!  Not a HUGE influence obviously, but it had its own line item on the very short list of "Cons".  I'll be doing cartwheels in the streets the day we get word that TJs has figured out a way to make the business model work in CO.  Until then, along with a bazillion others, I wait....somewhat patiently....!  =)

Visitor
Wildcherry

Colorado has a lot to offer, why do Californians insist on trying to change things the way they are here.  If you want California stay there.   I rather not see Colorado turn into California.

New Visitor
sonbi74

This whole "don't turn Denver/Colorado into California" attitude here reminds me of Seattle about 20 years ago. Don't hear that anymore, maybe because former Californians make up so much of the population in Seattle now.
Visitor
Wildcherry

Seattle is nothing like California...  so maybe there is hope for Colorado afterall.