Visitor
jj_1025

Reno home. Does it discourage buyers that we got it after 1400 DOM?

We are considering buying a home that is currently owned by a bank and is in Horrible shape.

The home is Ultra Modern (Over the TOP!!) and the copper wire and plumbing has all been stolen out of it.

It has been on the market for 1400 days!!  I see it as an opportunity to make a low offer and use the money towards renovating it. But, my realtor thinks that after we renovate and try to resell it- that the potential buyer would be detoured by the fact that it had been on the market so long when we bought it.  Is that true? Will it matter to someone that it had been on the market for a long time when WE bought it?

ccl
New Visitor
ccl

Re: Reno home. Does it discourage buyers that we got it after 1400 DOM?

Yes your realtor is right.  When a buyers are considering to buy a property, they will try to do their due diligent on as much information as possible.  DOM is so apparent that no one will omit it.     

New Visitor
Texasladycop

Re: Reno home. Does it discourage buyers that we got it after 1400 DOM?

I don't agree if the wording in the listing states it was a rehab everything new type listing then it is a given. Your agent might want more money for you to buy a bigger house. I have flipped a few homes. NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM All my homes sold in less than 10 days. It's all in making it POP. GOOD LUCK