Contributor
Liza1959

Closing costs on Cash Purchase

I know you would work with your lender on approx. closing costs.

I will be purchasing property and paying cash.

How can I estimate what approx. closing costs will be?

Thank you

Redfin Preferred Lender
Erik_Johansson

Re: Closing costs on Cash Purchase

Liza1959,

Ask your attorney. He or she will have a good idea of what you should expect and will be ablle to add things like transfer taxes that vary from town to town. You could also reach out to a lender for the same. We'll offer a helping hand even if you intend to pay cash.

Best,

Erik

Erik Johansson | Redfin Preferred Lender
See all my reviews
Regular Contributor
DISGUSTED1

Try Googling  " Closing Cost Credit " From the SELLER

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

Closing costs vary by city and county.  If you want to google something do closing costs for (city, county).

Contributor
JayKlosinski

Hiya Liza1959, 

I agree, closing costs will vary dependent upon the variables of each property, area, title company etc. A cash transaction will in most instances require less closing costs as you will not have the lenders closing costs as part of the transaction. 

Closing costs on a cash transaction will generally include, buyers portion of title insurance, closing fees, transfer taxes, recording fees, courier fees, etc.. You will also be getting in most cases a tax credit to your side of the transaction which will help minimize the affect that closing costs have on the final number you need to bring to the table. Because we pay taxes here  in arrears (2012 tax are due in 2013, 2011 taxes are due in 2012) the taxes become due from the previous owner next year. You get a credit on the transaction for the taxes that will be due next year for the time you did not own the property. Hope this helps!

Jay