Contributor
Roger99

Which unit is on sale?

For a lot of condo listings, the map in redfin shows the entire condo complex. eg: http://www.redfin.com/MA/Shrewsbury/69-Lebeaux-Dr-01545/unit-69/home/16587031. I want to know which of those units is for sale. A lot of times some of the units may be close to a main road, across a cemetery, across the swimming pool, at the entrance or have some such characteristic undesirable to me. How can we see the exact unit on the map without having to go for a tour?

Redfin Market Manager
Alex

Re: Which unit is on sale?

Roger99,

Unfortunately in this instance we don't know which of these units is #69 as the street map does not seem to have the information as to which unit is which.  We could certainly reach out to the listing broker and find out easily enough and hopefully in the future Google maps will be able to find out which address is which in these types of complexes.  Perhaps some other mapping sites or programs might have that information but in general Google has a high level of address information and data.   

Good question and thanks for the post. 

Alex Coon | Redfin Boston Market Manager
alex.coon@redfin.com
Contributor
Roger99

Alex,

Every map on redfin shows a nice red border outlining the selected property. This line is not something seen on google, bing or any other map. So the redfin site must be drawing is based on some information it has, say from MLS.

For this specific property, can you contact the listing agent and find out the exact unit? On a related note, what is the best way for us to ask for more information about property before scheduling a tour?

Thanks,

Roger

Gold Regular Contributor
Matt

Hi Roger99,

We get the red border from a third party data source, not the MLS... 

I'll let Alex handle your specific questions about this property :smileyhappy:

Matt Goyer
VP of Marketing Operations | matt.goyer@redfin.com | 206-859-2843
Twitter | My Seattle Condo Blog
Redfin Market Manager
Alex

Roger,

I will have an agent reach out and track down that information so we can pass it along to you.  In general anytime you have a question reach out to the agent that covers the area you are searching and you are always welcome to reach out to me and I can put you bin touch with the best person to assist you in your search.

Thanks,

Alex Coon | Redfin Boston Market Manager
alex.coon@redfin.com
Redfin Coordinator
Laurie-Cashell

[ Edited ]

Hi Roger,

I am one of 2 Boston area tour coordinators.  I will see what information I may find and send it to you as soon as I have been able to reach the Listing Broker for confirmation.

Best wishes,

Laurie Cashell

Laurie Cashell | Redfin Boston Coordinator
laurie.cashell@redfin.com

Redfin Coordinator
Laurie-Cashell

[ Edited ]

Hi Roger,

I have placed a few calls to the listing broker of the property in Shrewsbury to try to give you the information you are searching to find.  I will alert you immediately when I have additional information.  Thanks..and feel free to call me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Best wishes,

Laurie Cashell

Contributor
Lincoln

When you hit the "directions" link and plug in your home address, you can often narrow down the specific location when the results come up.

Contributor
Roger99

Thanks.

Redfin Coordinator
Laurie-Cashell

[ Edited ]

Roger I have placed multiple calls to the listing broker, but have not received a response.  I am still working on finding information on this unit in Shrewsury for you.