Visitor
jkpang

What does the Status "Pending with release" mean?

I'm confused by what that status means. I've also seen "pending without release" and "pending show". Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Redfin Associate Agent
JanelleS

Re: What does the Status "Pending with release" mean?

I shall directly quote Bay Area Direct Agent, Jim Holt on this one:

Hello,
Thanks for you interest in Redfin! When a property is labeled with a status of pending without release, it is essentially just in a pending state where the property is in escrow waiting for the lender to fund the money. This means that all contingencies have been removed at this point. The other option would be 'pending with release clause'. The release clause signifies that the buyer is trying to sell their current home also. It gives the buyer a certain amount of time stated in the contract to sell their house, and if they are unable to, they are able to be released from the contract of buying the new home. I hope this informations helps!

Sincerely,
Jim Holt
Redfin Direct Agent 

Janelle Saylor | Redfin Open Book Manager - Listings
Redfin Open Book
Regular Visitor
Mitesh

I believe pending with release is also applicable if not all contingencies are met (buyer trying to sell his/her home being one of them). The other contingencies like getting a loan, inspection, etc.

may also qualify for pending with release state. Somebody please correct me if I am mistaken.
Regular Visitor
questions

What does mean when a listing changes from this: 

pending with release

To this: 

pending without release (show)

Visitor
estrada

We made an offer on a home and the agent said the seller except the offer "home changed to Pending Release". Or agent hasnt heard anything yet nor has she been able to get a hold of anyone to confirm the status - I believe the home was a short sale. Does anyone know what happens at this point.
Regular Contributor
CrimsonWife

The "show" part I believe to showing the property for back-up offers if the contract does not go through. My parents did this with their last sale as the would-be buyers were trying to sell their own home. As it turns out, that was a good decision since the deal fell through after the inspection. My folks suspect it was just the excuse and the real issue was the would-be buyers having difficulty selling their current home.