Regular Contributor
wc_netzero

Townhouse price increases in South Bay

[ Edited ]

With the turn of the new year, and the housing market restarting, I would like to take a litmus survey of how people think the market in the Campbell area will do.  How much do people think 122 SHELLEY Ave Campbell, CA 95008 will go for?

It sold about 1.5 years ago (short sale, I think) for $560K.  And is on the market now for $648K.  Not a bad return for 1.5 years...

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Re: 122 SHELLEY Ave Campbell, CA 95008

wc_netzero wrote:

With the turn of the new year, and the housing market restarting, I would like to take a litmus survey of how people think the market in the Campbell area will do.  How much do people think 122 SHELLEY Ave Campbell, CA 95008 will go for? (http://www.redfin.com/CA/Campbell/122-Shelley-Ave-95008/home/2122064).

It sold about 1.5 years ago (short sale, I think) for $560K.  And is on the market now for $648K.  Not a bad return for 1.5 years...

Depending on how much they owe, $88K is not that much if you take the realtor's commission out of it. I would move to Campbell any minute. By the way, I think that will be a teaser $ listing. It will go for more.

Silver Trusted Contributor
Michelle1x

I also thought it would go for much more until I saw its a townhome.  In the past, anything but a SFH on a decent lot was left off the major appreciation.  I'm not sure this time.

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Michelle1x wrote:

I also thought it would go for much more until I saw its a townhome.  In the past, anything but a SFH on a decent lot was left off the major appreciation.  I'm not sure this time.

The closest comp sold is the one on Samaritan, $650K, so they are biting their finger nails for somebody to get excited to beat everybody else.

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

the link isn't working anymore, unless its a problem with my computer.

Gold Super Contributor
Jil

sheriff wrote:

the link isn't working anymore, unless its a problem with my computer.

The first link is working (do not click second link).

See this link  http://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/662-Montara-Ter-94085/home/2121936

Sunnyvale home is better than campbell. With current market trend, both will go easily, but sunnyvale, due to location near to companies, may have higher competition than campbell. 

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

thanks Jill, I got it.

Regular Contributor
wc_netzero

Re: Townhouse price increases in South Bay

[ Edited ]

Jil, I think you are right.  I think the Sunnyvale home will go for more than the Campbell one, even though the Sunnyvale home is a tri-level and has worse schools.  The Sunnyvale home is in a nice complex.  The Campbell home is in a small development with lots of pockets of different looking townhomes and such.

It does seem like townhomes are rising too.  It would be interesting to compare the rates and see if townhomes now get a bump up because they are the only ones that seem to be affordable now to even dual-earner-professional-job couples starting out.

Gold Super Contributor
Jil

wc_netzero wrote:

Jil, I think you are right.  I think the Sunnyvale home will go for more than the Campbell one, even though the Sunnyvale home is a tri-level and has worse schools.  The Sunnyvale home is in a nice complex.  The Campbell home is in a small development with lots of pockets of different looking townhomes and such.

It does seem like townhomes are rising too.  It would be interesting to compare the rates and see if townhomes now get a bump up because they are the only ones that seem to be affordable now to even dual-earner-professional-job couples starting out.

Ahh, I did not notice the tri-level, people like vote big NO on tri-level. My guesswork is based on nearness to work and nearness to trade centers (el camino real), additional bath room and additional space. small HOA. If redfin is right, it says fremont high school and westmont high school, winner will be fremont high school (if correct) as this belongs to cupertino schools. On any case, sunnyvale is preferred than campbell.

Regular Contributor
wc_netzero

Re: Townhouse price increases in South Bay

Here's another tri-level in Sunnyvale.  in a slightly more desirable part of Sunnyvale.  Listed for just under $700K, but I would bet it would go at least 10-20K over 700K.  A year ago it would have been 650K or so, I think.  166 HOLLY Ter