Visitor
reddix

Review about Coyote Creek William Lyon Homes in Milpitas

We are shopping around for a 3bhk townhome, preferably closer to cisco offices in milpitas/san jose. I came to know about this new community coming up in Milpitas The Coyote Creek courts and rows from William Lyon Homes near SanDisk/Cisco buildings. I tried searching about the community but couldn't find any post.  I was wondering if someone can share their opinion regarding the community and that neighborhood as  a whole. Read a lot about Milpitas smell, was thinking whether this will affect the community because its practically bordering north San Jose. Any comments appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Re: Review about Coyote Creek William Lyon Homes in Milpitas

If you didn't, how could we?  The only thing I hope for you is that you are not going to be sitting on a lawn chair waiting for your number to be called out.

Read in this forum, there's one topic already.

Good luck!

Regular Visitor
milpitas_ca

I just purchased in this community(Rows at Coyote Creek). Overall, seems like a great location and price point. Would be interested in hearing other opinions as well...

Visitor
strikeone

From what read in newspapers about the smell problem, it predominantly affects areas close/around calveras blvd,dixon landing and inner milpitas as wind flow pattern is from west northwest towards east southeast. I happened to stopby at their sales center a few weeks ago, looks like they are sold out for next few releases. It seems housing market has came back with a bang!!

Regular Visitor
solver

Any buyers looking at this communiy.. Looks like the prices went up by ~20k

Regular Visitor
milpitas_ca

Prices have gone up by almost 100k since phase 1...but I think they are still fairly competive compared to other new home communities in the area.

Last I heard, they have 1200 people in the waiting list...

Silver Contributor
toogood

[ Edited ]

All  i can say for those who bought .. i am really surprised how crazy people can get .. anyways i dont want to scare anyone, but the smell from the los esteros sewage treatment plant will make your life beautiful , but dont worry you will get used to the smell .. only dont call any friends or relatives , they will complain.   

best of luck .. start the bidding war , i know people drool for new homes. 

And just to be very clear, this area smells VERY bad, and there are times when i drove by these homes (there are some new apartments there), i just try not to breathe often. 

This area and most of milpitas and south fremont is affected by sewage plant and the garbage dump on dixon landing.  There are times you will not get the smell and you can get fooled, but rememeber there is bad smell and this is not a myth, but dont convince yourself that it is fine unless you are really ok and accept the fact that there is foul smell.  In my case i would never buy a home there even if you give it for free. 

1200 people in waiting list is because people like to buy and expect to sell when newer phases come .. because often the first phase is lowest priced.  So dont get fooled by waiting lists. 

Regular Visitor
milpitas_ca

Have you been to the actual location?

I was surprised, and visited several times at different times of day, but didn't smell the sewage. Surprisingly, the smell isn't nearly as bad as closer to great mall or even near Harmony.

I'd be interested to hear if others were able to smell the sewage from the actual site.

Silver Contributor
toogood

[ Edited ]

i live in that area, ask me anything about the area. I love the barber lane shops .. i mean the mayflower restarant and sushi factory .. and obviously some boba drink places .. :smileyhappy: 

Regardless all this is tolerance level of people .. some cannot tolerate it some can .. so if you are able to , then you should buy, why wait for opinion. What if three more say that the smell is bad .. will you not buy ?  Believe your personal judgement and opinion. 

Regular Visitor
milpitas_ca

Thanks for the information :smileyhappy:

I was just interested to hear opinions from other folks. This was my primary concern about this area as well, but I haven't been able to smell it yet :-)

It's interesting, there have been two nights where I have been at the Ranch 99 shopping center(which is prob less than 1 mile away) having dinner, and the smell was just awful/unbearable. I immediately went to Coyote Creek to see if the same smell was there, and it smelled fine. So maybe depends on the direction of the wind also?

But I guess it's all relative :-)