Gold Contributor
mediaguru

Redfin agent disappeared off my account (and off of Redfin?)

I have a question because I am very confused about something that has happened:

I signed up with a Redfin partner agent back in November/December. We have toured many houses with him since then. He said he would create a personalized MLS listing page for us so we could get listings and updates directly through him, which we did, but the Redfin interface and tools are still far more user-friendly so we've continued to use Redfin as well (the only advantage through the MLS portal is being able to see the address of "Undisclosed" properties on Redfin)

Well, suddenly, as of about a month ago, I noticed his picture was no longer showing up when I log into Redfin. Now it shows a different agent and says something like "Click here to work with a Redfin Partner Agent"  Out of curiosity, I clicked the link to show the partner agents in my area -- he is no longer shown at all.

What the heck is going on? Also, if he got removed from Redfin partnership, it sure would have been nice to know this as a Redfin customer who was working with this agent.  First of all, it would be in Redfin's interest as well, because we just put an offer on a house and I'm assuming this means Redfin will not be the broker and therefore will get no proceeds from the sale (as customers, we also would have liked to receive the Redfin rebate, but I'm sure we can coerce that from our agent regardless of the situation, if we threaten to cancel and walk if we don't get it...)

Regular Contributor
sjbuyer

Re: Redfin agent disappeared off my account (and off of Redfin?)

http://blog.redfin.com/blog/2011/05/fifty_agents_say_so_long_to_redfins_partner_program_.html

Maybe your agent was one of those that were let go.  Odd that Redfin didn't notify you.

Gold Contributor
mediaguru

I just read about those let-go agents recently, but I notice the posting was from May 6th, and as of May 9th (when they sent me a satisfaction survey for the agent), he was still on-board with them... never got any email notification or anything, just suddenly he wasn't showing up as my agent on Redfin. His name and face still show up for "Redfin agent notes" on the houses he left notes for...

Gold Regular Contributor
Matt

[ Edited ]

@mediaguru, we'll be in touch to chat about what happened! Sorry for the confusion.

Matt Goyer
VP of Marketing Operations | matt.goyer@redfin.com | 206-859-2843
Twitter | My Seattle Condo Blog