Visitor
ggolub

Paying RE taxes to twice: tic and lender, can you advise

Guys,

according to contracts I signed, I pay re. Taxes to tic and mortgage lender - 2 times I really need to pay.

Bank (Sterling) collects $560 monthly but  2 times a year disburse check check for $184 explaining it as: $560 is estimated SF tax which is going to be assessed within a year - it explains $560 collected tax. And $400 is an actual tax, which explains disbursement amount. Money continue accumulate on my bank escrow account when I really need them in my pocket.

Meanwhile I pay $560 monthly as a tax portion to my tic which is my obligation according to tic agreement I signed.

How do I stop paying double tax?

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Re: Paying RE taxes to twice: tic and lender, can you advise

ggolub wrote:

Guys,

according to contracts I signed, I pay re. Taxes to tic and mortgage lender - 2 times I really need to pay.

Bank (Sterling) collects $560 monthly but  2 times a year disburse check check for $184 explaining it as: $560 is estimated SF tax which is going to be assessed within a year - it explains $560 collected tax. And $400 is an actual tax, which explains disbursement amount. Money continue accumulate on my bank escrow account when I really need them in my pocket.

Meanwhile I pay $560 monthly as a tax portion to my tic which is my obligation according to tic agreement I signed.

How do I stop paying double tax?

I don't understand what you're saying, but I think you should start with your bank (Sterling) and go from there. Sorry :smileysad: