Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Love is still in the air. Love letters being used to offer on a home!

Checking a topic Michelle opened, I saw this ling, it intrigued me, this is something we have talked before but there wasn't anything solid to go on. Buyers are writing love letters to sellers.

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2013/01/16/want-to-get-that-house-get-ready-to-write-a-love-letter...

Silver Regular Contributor
sfsfr

Re: Love is still in the air. Love letters being used to offer on a home!

I was reading a different thread where someone wanted to borrow a dog so he could take pictures to include with his mock family+dog story. Sellers who fall for these letters are basically suckers.
Gold Super Contributor
TerriM

bck wrote:
I was reading a different thread where someone wanted to borrow a dog so he could take pictures to include with his mock family+dog story. Sellers who fall for these letters are basically suckers.

Not necessarily.  There are still little old ladies who really care about who takes over their home.  A letter is a fine way to do it.  Adding a dog may not make their day if they're cat lovers....  What are you going to do?  Borrow the neighbor's kids and hope the lady thinks you adopted?

Regular Contributor
NoobInSF

bck wrote:

I said that tongue-in-cheek.  Get a sense of humor for chrissakes.

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

I said it, not everybody loves cats nor dogs. A letter should be done knowing the tastes of the recipient. There are owners that would like to sell to somebody they meet during open house, but, remember, so many times the seller is not present due to sentimental reasons. They don't want to meet the....well, that word, suc------er.....:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks God our house didn't have a particular seller, otherwise, he or she would have kicked my behind! :smileyvery-happy:

Silver Regular Contributor
sfsfr

NoobInSF wrote:

I don't find it particularly humorous, as it mimics real life stories rather closely. For example:

"A few years ago, the owners of an older Los Altos home got more than 21 offers and picked the one from a woman who also submitted a love letter from her dog, said Kathy Bridgman, an Alain Pinel Realtors agent who represented the sellers. “She won’t touch a thing,” promised the letter, signed with a paw print. “I will be able to play in the yard.” After closing, the buyer immediately tore down the home and built a bigger one."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323482504578227703128967098.html?mod=WSJ_article_comme...

Gold Super Contributor
TerriM

bck wrote:

NoobInSF wrote:

I don't find it particularly humorous, as it mimics real life stories rather closely. For example:

"A few years ago, the owners of an older Los Altos home got more than 21 offers and picked the one from a woman who also submitted a love letter from her dog, said Kathy Bridgman, an Alain Pinel Realtors agent who represented the sellers. “She won’t touch a thing,” promised the letter, signed with a paw print. “I will be able to play in the yard.” After closing, the buyer immediately tore down the home and built a bigger one."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323482504578227703128967098.html?mod=WSJ_article_comme...

Honesty at its best hahahahaha.  She won't touch a thing because it'll be gone soon.