Visitor
House_Search

I WANT TO PURCHASE a single family home within 30 miles of San Jose (San Jose or surroundings)

[ Edited ]

I WANT TO PURCHASE a single family home within 30 miles of San Jose (San Jose or surroundings)

Hello, 

I am an individual buyer and not an investor. I would like to purchase a house to live in. I have been searching single family homes under $300K, at least 2 bedroom/2 bath and larger than 1000 sq ft interior and larger than 3000 sq ft lot. I like to buy in San Jose or within 30 miles of San Jose including Boulder Creek, San Lorenzo valley and along HWY 17. I am already pre-approved and had been searching for two months with no luck. I will be happy to cover closing costs,

Thanks for reading,

Regular Contributor
myhouse

Re: I WANT TO PURCHASE a single family home within 30 miles of San Jose (San Jose or surroundings)

Good luck.

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

Re: I WANT TO PURCHASE a single family home within 30 miles of San Jose (San Jose or surroundings)

[ Edited ]

have you tried REDFIN search options.  That is the point of this site.  I admire your chutspa.  You post on a site that will give you a discount and try to bypass them completely.

Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Here, this a home for sale, under $300K

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/5591-Carryback-Ave-95111/home/1389528

Contact Redfin, they will help you to buy it.

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

It has been listed, pending,  then cancelled without being sold four times in the last three years.  I wonder what is going on with it.

Silver Contributor
sakidd12

[ Edited ]

you should be able to find that in Boulder Creek.  30 miles is a good radius have you checked the East Bay?  Hayward is 27.5 miles from San Jose :smileywink:

Visitor
House_Search

Thanks everyone for pitching your ideas. Yes, it is pretty chalenging to purchase in this price range. East Bay around Hayward, Boulder Creek area, Holliester and Salinas have ample single family homes under $300K. I have been trying to purchase closer to where I work in San Jose but had no luck within the last 2 months. I will never buy condo or townhome due to HOA fees. I think Boulder Creek area will be an ideal location, I hope this buying spree slows down in January-March so I can make my move.     

buyinghouse

Don't give up. One of these days everybody is going to quit on the one you like and...........bingo!

Regular Contributor
Acre

Just don't buy on the valley floor right next to highway 9. No sun and lots of smoke from Woodstoves in the winter.

You might also look at La Honda. There's a cottage listed there now for about 340.

buyinghouse

Acre wrote:

Just don't buy on the valley floor right next to highway 9. No sun and lots of smoke from Woodstoves in the winter.

You might also look at La Honda. There's a cottage listed there now for about 340.

You worried me for a minute!  I thought you would say "a lots of smoke from mari....":smileyvery-happy:..........Like at the Flea Market, smells to pot when I go there, not that I go for that.........but I smell it once in a while...:smileyvery-happy: