Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Can't find a new home? Are you serious?

Finally I convinced my wife to spent the day out of our home going to San Francisco instead of waiting for an hour in line to board any attraction at Disneyland. On my way, I could see the famous development in Redwood City Marina homes or something like that right at the edge of Hwy. 101. Then, getting into that straight path where you can see Candlestick park, just to get to the park there was a sign advertising brand new homes in the $500K's and with a 3.5% financing, I forgot the name of the project but it had its .com. Something like candlestick.xxxx.

Then, in my way back, I could another board with Homes available in Santa Cruz, I think it was KB.

So, I think that the market for new construction is booming. I don't know what it will do to the inventory, but if you are complaining of not finding new homes, yes, you the one with $ to spend, let me tell you sir, you need to go out and drive around the areas you would like to live in and find out if any project is in the middle or final stages. Since anything and everything is advertised following the click and pay system, some .com's are not available in the internet or at least you won't find them in the front page of your search.

Yes, you need to walk the walk to talk the talk  :smileyvery-happy:..........I don't know what I said but I meant you need to go out and drive and ask around.

Super Contributor
Metalhead

Re: Can't find a new home? Are you serious?

The new "homes" near Candelstick are likely the Candlestick Cove development condos or the Candlestick Point condos.   Candlestick Cover has been under construction for years.  This is adjacent to a pretty dicey area of SF and several of the developments in SF have required below market rate units so be careful what your neighbors will be like.  

Regular Contributor
tikuy

Toll Brothers is adding about 50 new homes in Sunnyvale, where the Corn Palace is located.

http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/The_Estates_at_Sunnyvale

These are all 3000+ sf homes, starting at $1.3M.

Ironically, the designs are named: Los Altos, Menlo & Cupertino. I suppose Sunnyvale is too low end :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
Acre

tikuy wrote:

Toll Brothers is adding about 50 new homes in Sunnyvale, where the Corn Palace is located.

http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/The_Estates_at_Sunnyvale

These are all 3000+ sf homes, starting at $1.3M.

Ironically, the designs are named: Los Altos, Menlo & Cupertino. I suppose Sunnyvale is too low end :smileywink:

3000 sq. ft homes on 6000 sq. ft. lots. Incredible. Like that horribly incongruous development off of Levin and Grant in Mountain View right next to a traditional neighborhood. I'd take one of the 50 year old homes over one of new ones any day.

Gold Super Contributor
norcalnative

Inventory at a all time low. Old billboard signs don't change with inventory. HA HA

Silver Super Contributor
ptiemann

Acre wrote:

3000 sq. ft homes on 6000 sq. ft. lots. Incredible. Like that horribly incongruous development off of Levin and Grant in Mountain View right next to a traditional neighborhood. I'd take one of the 50 year old homes over one of new ones any day.

well.. it's just names.. trying to sound like something accomplished. Naming the floor plan "Los Altos" and the entire community "The estates".

3000 sqft living space may be enough, but, in my dictionary, an "estate" sits on at least 50,000 sqft land. I can only love about these properties, that's not for me, but at $1.3mm, that's a good price, and they will sell.

This naming trick is pulled off many times. I remember "Cupertino Villas" [located in Sunnyvale, but presumably Cupertino schools].

It's called marketing and it does work.

Silver Regular Contributor
sfsfr

[ Edited ]
San Mateo is continuing development of Bay Meadows, which will include new condos and townhouses. At least one neighborhood will be completed by Dec 2013, with model homes open in Q2 '13. Looks to be a pretty cool walkable and somewhat urban environment, if it goes according to plan.
Redfin Open Book Certified
ColtonD

[ Edited ]

There is another new 21 home development in Redwood City called Pacific Place as well.

Colton Daines | Redfin Preferred Lender
See all my reviews
Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

I don't know if you guys found out about these projects by driving by or word of mouth? I also mentioned last week that I was driving at the end of Forest Ave and junction with Winchester Blvd. and I saw a new development there. Also, another one on the corner of San Carlos and Meridian, across the street with Starbucks and Safeway.

If I had the money and the patience, I would wait, there's nothing like the smell of something new, you know, cars, shoes and then homes:smileyhappy:

Well, of course, we have the little dilemma, location, location, location!

So, you guys out there, do you think these new developments sprouting everywhere will slow down the bidding frenzy a bit?

Or, still people like kind of bid, gamble?:smileyhappy:

Gold Super Contributor
TerriM

Yeah, I'd love a home, but not on the Marina.  Stinky water, high flood risk, no backyard probably, and possibly built on landfill.   I'd rather rent where I'm at by a lot.