Regular Contributor
anonyms

Avoid this agent (for Hercules, El Sobrante & east Bay areas)

Last fall I purchased a home from an agent based in El Sobrante (seller's agent). Dealing with this agent was a nightmare - she was highly abusive and condescending in language (spoke to my agent and referred to me in a way that cannot be published; it was that abusive and inflamatory). Her written correspondence reflected extremely poor communication skills (aside from the poor grammar and spelling, the emails were in all caps) and her behavior in 2 incidents bordered on questionale ethically. I want to make this known here and yes, I have filed a complaint with the managing brokerage for her.

Agent's name: Leticia Short

If you can avoid her, do so; if not, be prepared.

Regular Visitor
DiabloGuy

Re: Avoid this agent (for Hercules, El Sobrante & east Bay areas)

That's why I use my own agent. Let them deal with the drama and a complaint from them carries more weight.

Silver Regular Contributor
Fishmarty

OP,

Is it about the short-sale home you brought late last year and you've posted a thread already? If I remember correctly you brought it using a Refin agent and you've also wrote a thread complaining about?

http://forums.redfin.com/t5/Bay-Area/Horrific-listing-agent-on-short-sale-Should-I-file-a-complaint/...

Just curious on the outcome of the short sale. Did the short-sale bank agreed to your offer price: market - $35k termite estimate?

Did this cause all these selling agent issues? You believed the house is a junk and you wanted to tear it down to rebuild so you basically offered land value while the bank didn't agree?

Gold Regular Contributor
sheriff

I am just curious about your mindset.  If it was a teardown like you said in the other thread, very small house and in bad condition, why did you bother to get a termite report?  You were just spending money for nothing.  Was it so you could lowball the bank?

Silver Trusted Contributor
Michelle1x

I can't follow whats going on here.  Did the OP actually BUY the house?

In his prior thread he talked about a short sale where the "seller" accepted his offer and then sent it to the bank (where the problems began).  WTF?  The "seller" in a short sale is meaningless, they will accept anything.  The real seller is the bank. 

If he got the house - then whats the issue?  If he didn't, the problem is that his lowball offer happened to occur on a real estate market boundary where banks may have accepted lowball offers a few mos ago but will not now.  At any rate as long as you have the house now, whats the problem really.

sfsfr

OP, you got the house, who cares if she used off-color words or bad grammar? I'd probably use off-color words too if I had to deal with someone like you.
Silver Trusted Contributor
Michelle1x

If it was a short sale, and he made the offer in November, he probably didn't get the house

sfsfr

He got the house. There is only one listing by that agent matching the description, and it closed after his first post on the matter without being relisted.
Platinum Super Contributor
buyinghouse

Lately there has been a series of posters that have been spanked in this forum :smileyvery-happy:

Platinum Regular Contributor
elt1

How excatly do you avoid the listing agent, it you want to buy their listing?