Regular Contributor
Kenji4861

1 Bedroom Condo Sells for $510k

[ Edited ]

There units rent out for $1800-2200 so I gave an offer that is right above where it's worth buying over renting.

I was ready to battle it out in the counter offer scene, but someone has bid $510k which is higher than similar units that have sold recently ($475k).

The agent told me they got an offer good enough they don't want to bother with counter offers.  I don't blame them at all.  Whoever bought it better hope rent/home prices will continue to go up at this rate.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20488-Stevens-Creek-Blvd-APT-2204-Cupertino-CA-95014/64748122_zpid...

I'm in shock...

Regular Contributor
gfhandel

Re: 1 Bedroom Condo Sells for $510k

Question Kenji,

In the photo of the area with the desk - Where is it and could that area be closed or screened off to form a small second bedroom?  As you have seen the unit, I was just wondering if that would be possible.   Just out of curiosity.

Thanks. 

Silver Trusted Contributor
SamShuehRealtor

[ Edited ]

Montebello, Eaton, Cu High....Cu Square is across the street

Apple, Seagate, Amazon are all 3 mins walking distance away.

Property values in the entire neighborhood have never come down, just a bit slower during the great recession. They are enjoying higher ever surpass previous pleateau of 2008-9 year.

Suggest those to add another 120-175K more on the Penthouse 1 br units.

Regular Contributor
Kenji4861

gfhandel, when you enter the Condo, you start in the kitchen.  if you turn to your left, it's the small room you are talking about.

I think it was supposed to be a room for dining since the tile is continued from the kitchen.  The room is about 6x10 and very echoy.  Yes, it can be a small second bedroom without a closet.  The window of the room faces the hallway where people walk by so not much privacy if you want the window.  Feels like a storage room.