Visitor
SimonAK

Buying a multi plex duplex

hi I am looking to buy a multiplex or duplex investment property. I'm looking to live in 1 of the rooms and rent out the rest of the rooms. My question is how much is needed down in Atlanta Georgia.I it's different and some other states but I'm looking that 3 percent to 10 percent range thanks for the help.
Redfin Agent
willfassinger

Re: Buying a multi plex duplex

This is not something determined by the state.  This is determined by the Lender you are obtaining your mortgage through and the particular loan you choose to go with.  For residential buildings with 4 or less units where you will be an owner occupant, there are loans with as little as 3% down or 0% for VA loans.

Have you spoken to a lender yet?  This is something they can best answer after getting your personal info and situation.

Let me know if you would like a lender referral.

WILL FASSINGER | REDFIN | AGENT
will.fassinger@redfin.com | Tel:678-871-9455 | License #:347393

Contributor
Debbygilbert

I agree with you willfassinger it is more than depends on lender & mortgage.

Contributor
Jasminewilliams

Investing in rental property is a good way to create a long-term income steam in retirement, and Jason Hartman offers sound advice to show you how. But what kind of rental property provides the best return on your investment? Depending on factors such as the market and location, for many new investors, the answer might be a duplex or triplex.

Buying a rental property with a fixed rate mortgage can create a passive income stream with numerous tax breaks. Choices include the traditional single-family home, condos or even, for more ambitious investors, apartment complexes. But often overlooked in this array of choices is the humble duplex –two small independent dwellings joined on the same property. Variants include the triplex or even quadruplex, but the principle is the same.

Visitor
SophiaSimmons

nice share!