Regular Visitor
David4200

Accurate home values?

Trying to find a website that has the most accurate values on houses. Zillow and Eppraisal are so far from eachother. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Contributor
cathymhue

Re: Accurate home values?

Well this is really tough one because it is hard to find out in the crowd of so many websites to find out the genuine ones. Contacting realtors, though a little old fashioned in this era of technology, but still is the best bet.

Regular Contributor
JimR

None of the on-line automated appraisal systems are accurate.  They are all "best guesses" based on their own criteria for selecting local comps.  In my own experience, I've found that they are all pretty lousy at finding what I would consider to be actual comps.

Redfin Agent
willfassinger

Yes, websites (including Redfin's) should only be used as a guide or very broad range estimate.  Your best bet is a local Real Estate Professional to provide you a CMA (comparative market analysis) for a Free estimate.  Then your most accurate valuation comes from a licensed appraiser, but that will cost you (on average $300-$400).

WILL FASSINGER | REDFIN | AGENT
will.fassinger@redfin.com | Tel:678-871-9455 | License #:347393

Contributor
James_Davis

I do not trust any website for home appraisal. They all have different inaccurate appraisals.